Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop was uploaded at February 1, 2018 at 9:53 pm. It is published on the Door category. Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop is tagged with Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop, Antique, Cast, Iron, Boston, Terrier, Door, Stop..
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
BostonBos•ton (bô′stən, bos′tən),USA pronunciation n.
- a seaport in and the capital of Massachusetts, in the E part. 562,994.
- (l.c.) a variety of whist, popular in the early 19th century, played by four persons with two packs of cards.
- (usually l.c.) a social dance that is a modification of the waltz.
Terrierter•ri•er1 (ter′ē ər),USA pronunciation n.
- any of several breeds of usually small dogs, used originally to pursue game and drive it out of its hole or burrow.
- (cap.) [U.S. Mil.]a surface-to-air, two-stage antiaircraft missile.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Stopstop (stop),USA pronunciation v., stopped or (Archaic) stopt;
- to cease from, leave off, or discontinue: to stop running.
- to cause to cease;
put an end to: to stop noise in the street.
- to interrupt, arrest, or check (a course, proceeding, process, etc.): Stop your work just a minute.
- to cut off, intercept, or withhold: to stop supplies.
- to restrain, hinder, or prevent (usually fol. by from): I couldn't stop him from going.
- to prevent from proceeding, acting, operating, continuing, etc.: to stop a speaker; to stop a car.
- to block, obstruct, or close (a passageway, channel, opening, duct, etc.) (usually fol. by up): He stopped up the sink with a paper towel. He stopped the hole in the tire with a patch.
- to fill the hole or holes in (a wall, a decayed tooth, etc.).
- to close (a container, tube, etc.) with a cork, plug, bung, or the like.
- to close the external orifice of (the ears, nose, mouth, etc.).
- to check (a stroke, blow, etc.);
- to defeat (an opposing player or team): The Browns stopped the Colts.
- [Boxing.]to defeat by a knockout or technical knockout: Louis stopped Conn in the 13th round.
- [Banking.]to notify a bank to refuse payment of (a check) upon presentation.
- [Bridge.]to have an honor card and a sufficient number of protecting cards to keep an opponent from continuing to win in (a suit).
- to close (a fingerhole) in order to produce a particular note from a wind instrument.
- to press down (a string of a violin, viola, etc.) in order to alter the pitch of the tone produced from it.
- to produce (a particular note) by so doing.
- to come to a stand, as in a course or journey;
- to cease moving, proceeding, speaking, acting, operating, etc.;
- to cease;
come to an end.
- to halt for a brief visit (often fol. by at, in, or by): He is stopping at the best hotel in town.
- stop by, to make a brief visit on one's way elsewhere: I'll stop by on my way home.
- stop down, (on a camera) to reduce (the diaphragm opening of a lens).
- stop in, to make a brief, incidental visit: If you're in town, be sure to stop in.
- stop off, to halt for a brief stay at some point on the way elsewhere: On the way to Rome we stopped off at Florence.
- stop out:
- to mask (certain areas of an etching plate, photographic negative, etc.) with varnish, paper, or the like, to prevent their being etched, printed, etc.
- to withdraw temporarily from school: Most of the students who stop out eventually return to get their degrees.
- stop over, to stop briefly in the course of a journey: Many motorists were forced to stop over in that town because of floods.
- the act of stopping.
- a cessation or arrest of movement, action, operation, etc.;
end: The noise came to a stop. Put a stop to that behavior!
- a stay or sojourn made at a place, as in the course of a journey: Above all, he enjoyed his stop in Trieste.
- a place where trains or other vehicles halt to take on and discharge passengers: Is this a bus stop?
- a closing or filling up, as of a hole.
- a blocking or obstructing, as of a passage or channel.
- a plug or other stopper for an opening.
- an obstacle, impediment, or hindrance.
- any piece or device that serves to check or control movement or action in a mechanism.
- a feature terminating a molding or chamfer.
- an order to refuse payment of a check.
- See stop order.
- the act of closing a fingerhole or pressing a string of an instrument in order to produce a particular note.
- a device or contrivance, as on an instrument, for accomplishing this.
- (in an organ) a graduated set of pipes of the same kind and giving tones of the same quality.
- Also called stop knob. a knob or handle that is drawn out or pushed back to permit or prevent the sounding of such a set of pipes or to control some other part of the organ.
- (in a reed organ) a group of reeds functioning like a pipe-organ stop.
- an individual defensive play or act that prevents an opponent or opposing team from scoring, advancing, or gaining an advantage, as a catch in baseball, a tackle in football, or the deflection of a shot in hockey.
- a piece of small line used to lash or fasten something, as a furled sail.
- an articulation that interrupts the flow of air from the lungs.
- a consonant sound characterized by stop articulation, as p, b, t, d, k, and g. Cf. continuant.
- the diaphragm opening of a lens, esp. as indicated by an f- number.
- See stop bead.
- doorstop (def. 2).
- any of various marks used as punctuation at the end of a sentence, esp. a period.
- the word "stop'' printed in the body of a telegram or cablegram to indicate a period.
- stops, (used with a sing. v.) a family of card games whose object is to play all of one's cards in a predetermined sequence before one's opponents.
- a depression in the face of certain animals, esp. dogs, marking the division between the forehead and the projecting part of the muzzle. See diag. under dog.
- pull out all the stops:
- to use every means available.
- to express, do, or carry out something without reservation.
The article about Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop have 6 photos including Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop #1 ICollector.com, Charming Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop #2 Cast Iron Boston Terrier Doorstop. Loading Zoom, Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop ., Awesome Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop #4 Roll Over Large Image To Magnify, Click Large Image To Zoom, Antique Boston Terrier Cast Iron Door Stop, Hubley Boston Terrier I Must Get One. Find This Pin And More On Antique Cast Iron Door Stops .. Below are the attachments:
Timber surfaces you'll find so many different hues out there on the market then I am confident there is something to complement also the wildest suggestions developers. Although moving the restrictions of traditional style and being innovative is definitely delightful within the interior design sector remains hardly unimportant to follow along with guidelines and certain principles in order to avoid some of the mistakes awkward Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop fashion.
There is no better method to establish along with of the floor as opposed to considering the trial place in day light while the Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop photos and digital house adviser will give a broad notion of exactly what the ultimate consequence might be.
Below you'll discover some simple-but highly-effective suggestions when selecting the Antique Cast Iron Boston Terrier Door Stop to take into account.
- Go when the ability to disguise a small reduction and scrapes really are a must for pure colored wood flooring in matt end,
- do not forget that the colors must complement one another and contrast. The ground can not have similar hues as furniture and surfaces,
- The room size, texture and coloring of the walls, large roofs and also the color of the furniture must be your consideration whenever choosing hues to your ground. For your ultimate layout to reach your goals should be secondary colors,
- Black hues bring the heat of decor's other components out,
- Avoid using black floor in a small room with dark surfaces - it will produce the space more dense and dismal (see how floors made from black wood)
- In areas with low ceilings opt for lightcolored surfaces and surfaces,
- The new floor must complement the present wood floors to keep up the honesty and movement of the house,
- red and silver, brown wood shades that are Hot will make your area comfortable,
- Bright and grey floor could make your area huge,
- Color depth and vibrant (numerous shades of crimson: oak and ash Jatoba or stained in the same shade) that is ideal for commercial rooms, workplaces and other substantial spots where the ground becomes a central part of the decoration,
- Dirty should you prefer a classic look traditional brown shade or normal wood which is ideal,
- black and Black colors are a popular decision for painters' companies, modern fashionable and decorations